Clients and opponents alike point to Dru’s rare combination of gritty determination, professionalism, and trial prowess. Dru is recognized as a top criminal defense attorney for the results she has achieved for clients in pretrial criminal investigations, prosecutions, and trials. For twenty-five years and counting, Dru has fought relentlessly for her clients in what is often the worst times in their lives. Dru’s skill in the courtroom comes not only from years of experience, but from her insistence of knowing every fact and every individual client.
Dru has successfully represented clients in high-stakes litigation, including obtaining not guilty verdicts in multiple domestic violence murder trials. Most recently, Dru helped achieve a not guilty verdict for her client in a high-profile federal criminal antitrust trial brought by the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division alleging a multi-year conspiracy to rig bids and fix prices. As a mother of two teenage boys, Dru is particularly passionate about defending boys and men wrongly accused of domestic violence and sexual misconduct.
Dru’s hard work and accomplishments have not gone unnoticed. In 2022, Dru was named Lawyer of the Year for White Collar Criminal Defense by Best Lawyers in America. Also in 2022, the University of Colorado Law School awarded Dru with a Distinguished Achievement Award. Dru is consistently listed as a Top Lawyer in Colorado by Super Lawyers and 5280 Magazine. Prior to private practice, Dru proudly worked for ten years as a Colorado State Public Defender in Colorado Springs and Denver trial offices.
Obtained an acquittal for the former CEO of a multi-national public company in a criminal antitrust indictment in United States District Court.
Obtained acquittals for multiple clients charged with murder in the State of Colorado.
Represented multiple clients charged with sexual assault, including convincing
prosecutors to dismiss charges and obtaining not guilty jury verdicts.
Represented college students in Title IX Investigations and Disciplinary Hearings.
Lectures on the topic of “Sex, Booze & the Law”.
- University of Colorado, J.D., 1997
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1994, Magna Cum Laude
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crime and Government Investigations
- Disciplinary and Regulatory Proceedings
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2022 University of Colorado Law Distinguished Achievement Small Firm Practitioner Award
- Lawyer of the Year – Criminal Defense: White Collar (2022)
- 5280 Top Lawyers (2017-2021)
- Best Lawyers in America© – Criminal Defense: White Collar (2013-2022)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Colorado, Colorado Super Lawyers (2016-2022)
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in Colorado, Colorado Super Lawyers (2014-2022)
- Colorado Super Lawyer, Colorado Super Lawyers (2012-2022)
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Rated 10.0 out of 10.0, Avvo
- Case of the Year – Colorado Trial Lawyers Association: 2018
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Partner, Eytan Nielsen LLC (2015-2022)
- Partner, Reilly Pozner LP (2007-2015)
- Deputy State Public Defender (1997-2007)